Looking for a job in public media? And not just any public media operation - but a growing statewide independent media operation! Delaware Public Media is the first and only Delaware-based public radio news network.
We are a fast-paced company offering an exciting and creative work environment. We look for ambitious and dedicated people ready for daily challenges.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to broad outreach regarding job vacancies. Delaware Public Media strongly encourages minority group members, veterans, disabled individuals and women to apply for positions for which they are qualified and which are of interest to them.
We welcome the help of local organizations in recruiting qualified applicants to our station. Organizations wishing to receive employment listings should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delaware Public Media is seeking an Advancement Director to succeed the retiring incumbent. This is a specialized fundraising and institutional development position. We are seeking an experienced professional with a demonstrated record of success.
- Coordinate and lead development and fundraising
- Coordinate all fundraising campaigns, on-air, online and external.
- Create development activities/ events timeline and calendar
- Maintain and develop foundation relationships, grant applications, execution and reporting.
- Lead donor communications
- Develop and manage donor events and relationships
- Lead development of fundraising messaging, related social media planning, donor communications, creation of media for membership drives and other campaigns.
- Provide major input to development of annual report
- Work with the Underwriting Sales team when indicated to assist with development of underwriting relationships.
- Must provide own transportation and be willing to travel as necessary.
- Insures that revenue generated is at minimum 300% of fundraising and development expense.
Education and Required Skills
- College degree is preferred, but not required.
- At least 4 years of proven non-profit development experience.
- Strong ability to create and execute donor strategy and implement fundraising best practices.
- Experience with social media campaigns.
- Strong annual report, newsletter, and grant writing skills.
- Ability to develop accurate and timely grant reports and fulfill other grant obligations.
- Highly self-motivated, with strong project management skills.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work closely and professionally with a wide range of constituents, including staff, board members, external partners and donors/prospects.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and excellent attention to detail,
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, to set and adjust priorities, and work under pressure while maintaining composure and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet concurrent deadlines, organize time and priorities, and to do so in collaboration with diverse stakeholders.
- Cultivate and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace
- Experience delegating responsibility and ensure accountability.
- Ability to train and coordinate volunteers.
- Willingness and availability to work diverse schedules, including evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- A self-starter is who able to be motivated in a remote setting.
Send responses to email@example.com
© 2023 Delaware Public Media