Thank you for visiting the employment section for Delaware Public Media. You’ll find more detail here about employment opportunities available at Delaware Public Media (WDDE-Dover, WMPH-Wilmington, and WMHS-Wilmington), the first Delaware-based public radio news network, and delawarepublicmedia.org.
Delaware First Media is a fast-paced company offering an exciting and creative work environment. We look for ambitious and dedicated people ready for daily challenges.
Delaware First Media is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to broad outreach regarding job vacancies. Delaware First Media strongly encourages minority group members, veterans, disabled individuals and women to apply for positions for which they are qualified and which are of interest to them.
Delaware First Media welcomes the help of local organizations in recruiting qualified applicants to our station. Organizations wishing to receive employment listings should contact Delaware First Media at email@example.com.
Delaware Public Media, Delaware’s source for NPR News, is looking for Managing Editor/Reporter to join its award-winning team of journalists providing statewide coverage of Delaware.
The Managing Editor/Reporter will assist the News Director in the day-to-day management of our news operation, and be the lead reporter on content related to state politics, producing pieces for air on Dover-based Public Radio station and for use on its website. The position will also include some fill-in anchor shifts.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assign and direct daily news coverage, working with staff.
- Help direct news staff to develop stories and approaches to upcoming news events
- Edit copy, tape, and digital content and provide final approval for broadcast as needed
- Research, write, and produce stories for all day parts and weekend, DPM’s weekly show, as well as web.
- Occasionally produce and anchor newscasts
- Occasionally serve as the on-air announcer between and within DPM programs, including reading weather, underwriting and promotional announcements.
- Participate in on-air fundraising
- Perform other tasks as assigned by managers
Job qualifications include:
- Minimum 5 years full-time professional, progressively responsible experience in radio news. Management experience preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 3 years on-air experience
- Requires 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge equivalent to BA degree major in journalism, mass communication or other related major.
- Background and interest in political reporting preferred, but not required
- Background in long form public radio reporting preferred, but not required
Please send cover letter detailing your relevant professional experience, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WDDE is an equal opportunity employer; members of minority groups, veterans, disabled individuals and women are encouraged to apply.
This position will remain open until filled.
Delaware Public Media Seeks Underwriting Services
DPM seeks contractual services to achieve underwriting revenue targets by building and maintaining relationships with local, and as appropriate, regional and national business donors to secure cash underwriting donations. Successful contractor will participate in updating rate sheet and materials, and also participate in DPM fundraising activities and outreach events. Successful contractor will demonstrate experience in Delaware salesmarket, with media experience preferred. Proposals and inquiries, including experience, compensation package requested and available start date, should be submitted to jobs@WDDE.org.